Saturday, April 15, 2006

funny epitaphs!

haha guess wad! i found the actual epitaph on the net. this is how it really goes:

Come blooming youths, as you pass by ,
And on these lines do cast an eye.
As you are now, so once was I;
As I am now, so must you be;
Prepare for death and follow me.



and the reply:

To follow you
I am not content,
How do I know
Which way you went.


there are others:

here lies my wife
here let her lie
now she has peace
and so do i

honey you dont know
what you did for me
always playing the lottery.
the numbers you picked
came into play
two days after you passed away
for this
a huge monument i do erect
for now i get a yearly check
how i do wish you were alive
for now we are worth 8.5! (million)
[this is actually a real tombstone.. i pity the guy man]


here lies the body of our anna
doen to death by a banana
it wasn't the fruit that laid her low
but the skin of the thing that made her go

Anna Wallace
The children of Israel wanted bread
And the Lord sent them manna,
Old clerk Wallace wanted a wife,
And the Devil sent him Anna

She always said her feet were killing her
but nobody believed her.

Looked up the elevator shaft to see if
the car was on the way down. It was.

Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up And no place to go.

Here lays Butch,
We planted him raw.
He was quick on the trigger,
But slow on the draw.


Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake
Stepped on the gas Instead of the brake.


Sir John Strange
Here lies an honest lawyer,
And that is Strange.

Here lies Lester Moore
Four slugs from a .44
No Les No More.

I told you I was sick!

Here lies one Wood
Enclosed in wood
One Wood
Within another.
The outer wood
Is very good:
We cannot praise
The other.

On an infant eight months old:

Since I have been so quickly done for,
I wonder what I was begun for.


Here lies, alas! poor Roger Norton.
Whose sudden death was oddly brought on!
Trying one day his corns to mow off,
The razor slipped and cut his toe off!
The toe, or rather what it grew to,
An inflammation quickly flew to;
The part then took to mortifying,
Which was the cause of Roger's dying.

wierd...

Powered by Blogger